Nêdong District Overview
Nedong District is located in the middle south of Tibet and south of Mount Gangdise, which means the front of Elephant Trunk Hill. Covering an total area of 2185 square kilometers, Nedong District has a population of 59615 and is...
Chinese Name: 乃东区
English IPA: Nai Dong Qu
Location: located in the middle south of Tibet and south of Mount Gangdise
Population (city): 59,615
Language: Tibetan Language
Nedong District is located in the middle south of Tibet and south of Mount Gangdise, which means the front of Elephant Trunk Hill. Covering an total area of 2185 square kilometers, Nedong District has a population of 59615 and is famed as the granary of Tibet because of its earlier developed agriculture and animal husbandry.
Highlights of Nedong District
▪ Yungbulakang Palace（雍布拉康）: 5 kilometers from Tsedang, Yungbulakang Palace is the earliest palace in Tibetan area with a long history of more than 2100 years and a three-storied architecture.
▪ Trandruk Temple（昌珠寺）: Trandurk Temple is a monastery of Gelug sector, which was built during Srongtsen Gampo was in power. It’s said that Padma Sambhava and Milarepa has been practiced nearby.
▪ Yalaxiangbu Custom Garden（雅拉香布风情园）is located in Changzhu Town（昌珠镇）, Nedong District（乃东区）, and started construction in August 2001. The planning and design of the custom garden embodies the “ethnic origin and the source of culture “.
▪ Laxiangbu Snow Mountain（拉香布大雪山）with an elevation of 6835.8 meters is located in Nedong District which is close to Longzi County（隆子县）. Legend has it that the mountain looks similar to a fierce yak, which is known as the top of the four holy mountains in Tibet. It is on behalf of the yak totem, and is the main source of Yarlung River（雅砻河）.
Other Destinations in Nêdong District
Nêdong District Attractions
▪ Yungbulakang Palace（雍布拉康）: 5 kilometers from Tsedang, Yungbulakang Palace is the earliest palace in Tibetan area with a long history of more than 2100 years and a three-storied architecture. According to legend, it was the first building in Tibet and the palace of the first Tibetan king, Nyatri Tsenpo. Yumbu Lakhang stands on a hill on the eastern bank of the Yarlung River in the Yarlung Valley of southeast Nêdong County about 192 kilometers (119 mi) southeast of [...]
Nêdong District Tours
Nedong District tours not only allow you to explore the brilliant Tibetan culture & authentic Tibetan customs, but also allow you to appreciate the natural charm of Tibet. We list the following Nedong District tour packages that may interest you. Tailor-made tours are flexible and based on your personal preference. Nedong District group tours are also available, which covers the popular tourist sites in Tibet. Start your trip to Nedong District now. Here we list some attractive highlights in Nedong District for visitors to [...]
Climate & When to Go
Nedong District is a semi-arid monsoon climate zone whose temperature varies widely from day to night is big. June to September belong to the rainy season with many rainy nights and sunny days, while in spring and winter, the weather will be dryer with much wind. There is no frost period in the whole year. The annual sunshine hours are 2936.6 hours, with 143 days without frost and 410 millimeters of precipitation. Natural disasters mainly include drought, frost, hail and [...]
Airline The government seat of Nedong District is 191 km from Lhasa and 97 km from Gonggar Airport. Local Traffic The whole county highway is in the middle of the road, formed the highway traffic network which centered with Tsedang Town, connecting the 12 counties of Lhoka Prefecture.It is the main transport hub of the south of Tibet. [...]
Festivales et Activités
Many festivals are held in Lhoka region in its counties, district, monasteries and villages to celebrate the harvest season, the New Year or Losar and natural elements such as birds. A colorful and widely celebrated festival is the Ongkor (Bumper Harvest) Festival which is observed in June according to the Tibetan calendar, in the riverine areas to mark good harvests of the season. Ongkor Festival As the crop-ripening time approaches, Tibetan farmers begin to celebrate the Ongkor Festival, which is prevalent [...]
Conseils de Voyage
1. The best time to visit Nedong District is June to August because the highest temperature of this period is about 20 degrees. December and January are the coldest months when the lowest temperature will drop to minus ten degrees centigrade. 2. Suggested Traveling Day: Two Days 3. High Altitude Precaution. Although Lhoka is at a relatively lower elevation area, some places of high elevation may easily cause altitude reaction. Better take some medicines for relief and keep warm all the time. 4. Prepare Food and Drinks. [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Nedong District, we list some related maps about the county, including Nedong District Maps, Nedong District Tourist Maps, Nedong District Map, and Nedong District Location Map. [...]
Nêdong District Hébergement
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Nedong District. Most of the hotels in Nedong District provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free WiFi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Lhoka, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. Tsedang Hotel: Located in No.21 [...]