Comté Gyaca Overview
Gyaca County belongs to Lhoka City, south-east of Tibet Autonomous Region. It is located in the longitude 92°14′-93°07′, latitude between 28°49′-29°43′. Tourists not only can enjoy natural scenery, but also can visit the Buddha shrine in Gy ...
Chinese Name: 加查县
English IPA: Jiāchá Xiàn
Location: south-east of Tibet Autonomous Region
Population (city): 21,608(2012)
Language: Tibetan Language
Gyaca County belongs to Lhoka City, south-east of Tibet Autonomous Region. It is located in the longitude 92°14′-93°07′, latitude between 28°49′-29°43′. Tourists not only can enjoy natural scenery, but also can visit the Buddha shrine in Gyaca County. The Chinese herbal medicine resources are very rich in Gyaca County such as Cordyceps, Fritillaria, gentian, angelica, Codonopsis and Saussurea involucrata.
• Lhamo La-tso Lake(拉木纳错湖): it is a small oval oracle lake where senior Tibetan monks of the Gelug sect go for visions to assist in the discovery of reincarnations of the Dalai Lamas. Other pilgrims also come to seek visions. It is considered to be the most sacred lake in Tibet and also known as “The Life-Spirit-Lake of the Goddess”.
• Buladan Mountain( 布拉丹山): 5088 meters above sea level, it is the only way which must be passed to Gyaca County. In May and June, tourists can enjoy blooming azalea, Tibet unique flower Sue Roma Bbu(苏罗玛布) and bang Jin Mei flower(邦锦梅朵).
• Turret Site of Nuomi Village(诺米村碉楼遗址): 3350 meters above sea level, it was built on the cliff and near the Yarlung Zangbo River. It is mainly wood and stone structure building with the history over 700 years.
• Chokorgyel Monastery(琼果杰寺): this monastery is situated between three mountains. It was originally built in a triangular form to reflect the symbolism of its position at the confluence of three rivers and surrounded by three mountains and also represents the conjunction of the three elements of water, earth and fire, as well as the female principle of Palden Lhamo in the form of an inverted triangle.
• Cuijiu Valley(崔久沟): its upper reaches are snow capped mountains, lakes and grassland scenery, including Lhamo La-tso Lake, Nayu River Canyon and Jieluola Mountain; the middle reaches are famous for its Chokorgyel landscape and religious temple. It is the growth of Cordyceps militaris fertile soil and tourist’s paradise; the lower reaches are abundant in rapids and waterfall.
• Dabu Xiazhulin Temple(达布夏珠林寺): Jiacha means sermon and practice place. It is famous for expounding the texts of Buddhism and it is Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
• Nayu River Canyon(那玉河谷): 4600 meters above sea level, it’s known as the abode of immortals. There is a lush pasture and people here are warm and hospitable.
• Nierke Waterfall(涅尔喀大瀑布): the waterfall flew down from the boulders and the scenery is very magnificent. There is a shiny black stone near the fall. When you break an egg in the stone, it will be cooked after a few minutes.
Other Destinations in Comté Gyaca
Comté Gyaca Attractions
Lhoka Gyaca County, as a wonderful and brilliant place, is famous for its natural landscape and ethnic culture. There are lots of attractive sights for tourists to have a pleasant trip. Lhamo La-tso Lake(拉木纳错湖):it is a small oval oracle lake where senior Tibetan monks of the Gelug sect go for visions to assist in the discovery of reincarnations of the Dalai Lamas. Other pilgrims also come to seek visions. It is considered to be the most sacred lake in Tibet and also known as [...]
Comté Gyaca Tours
Tourists not only can enjoy natural scenery and ethnic culture, but also can visit the Buddha shrine in Gyaca County. They shouldn’t miss Lhamo La-tso Lake(拉木纳错湖), Buladan Mountain( 布拉丹山), Turret Site of Nuomi Village(诺米村碉楼遗址), Chokorgyel Monastery(琼果杰寺), Cuijiu Valley(崔久沟), Dabu Xiazhulin Temple(达布夏珠林寺), Nayu River Canyon(那玉河谷) and Nierke Waterfall(涅尔喀大瀑布). We provide some types of tour packages for visiting Lhoka Gyaca County. [...]
Climate & When to Go
Gyaca County belongs to semi arid monsoon climate zone. It has abundant sunshine, strong radiation and great temperature difference. The annual average temperature is 8.9 ℃. The annual frost free period is 149 days and average annual rainfall is 492.7 mm. Natural disasters are floods, hail, frost, drought, diseases and insect pests. The floods are main natural disasters; the hail averaged 3 times a year and centered in 7~8 months. [...]
The highway traffic system is perfect; visitors can choose self-driving tour in Gyaca County. The closest airport is Lhasa Gonggar Airport about 203.1 km from Gyaca County; there are 259.3 km from Nyingchi Mainling Airport to Gyaca County. Tourist can travel by air firstly and then transfer to long-distance bus or self-driving which is the major choice. [...]
Festivales et Activités
In addition to the traditional festivals as well as a large number of religious festivals, such as "the Ongkor Festival", "Lotus Buddha’s Birthday", "Tsongkhapa Butter Lamp Festival" and "Saga Dawa Festival". During the festival, the villagers sing and dance all night. Lotus Buddha’s Birthday: the tenth of the fifth month in Tibetan lunar calendar is the birthday of Lotus Buddha. Many places such as Gyaca of Shannan and Khaqu of Luozha will celebrate the day. Every year there will be a petty celebration [...]
Conseils de Voyage
There are some useful tips for tourists get a better tour in Gyaca County: •The Best Travel Time: from August to September •Avoid High Altitude Sickness: because of the high altitudes climatic conditions of Gyaca County, visitors should pay attention to the prevention and cure of the syndromes including headache, dizziness, flustered, shortness of breath, the plateau response, especially people who have chronic respiratory disease or cardiovascular disease. In addition, bring enough water or drinks, fruits and snacks with high caloric content, like chocolate for [...]
These maps are about Lhoka Gyaca County, including location maps, region maps, tourist maps, attractions maps, and transportation maps. [...]
Comté Gyaca Hébergement
We will choose the accommodation which has elegant environment, well-equipped facilities and excellent service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free wifi is equipped.No matter where you stay in Lhoka Gyaca County, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. We list some excellent hotels for tourists here. • Gyaca Lhamo La-tso Hotel • Gyaca Zhongxin International Hotel • Junyue Hotel [...]