Comté Dêngqên Overview
Dêngqên County, (Tibetan: སྟེང་ཆེན་རྫོང་ Chinese: 丁青县; Pinyin: Dīngqīng Xiàn) is situated in Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. It not only has excellent natural resources, but also has great transportation advantages and awesome c ...
Chinese Name: 丁青县
English IPA: Dīngqīng Xiàn
Location: situated in Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region.
Population (city): 84,774
Language: Tibetan Language
Dêngqên County, (Tibetan: སྟེང་ཆེན་རྫོང་ Chinese: 丁青县; Pinyin: Dīngqīng Xiàn) is situated in Chamdo Prefecture, Tibet Autonomous Region. It not only has excellent natural resources, but also has great transportation advantages and awesome cultural relics. For example, G 317 National Highway pass through it.
Highlights of Dengqen County
Cultural relics of Dengqen County
▪ Zezhol Monastery（孜珠寺）is situated on the famous sacred Zezhol Mountain rising 4800 meters above sea level, at Dengqen County of Qamdo prefecture in Tibet. It is one of monasteries with highest elevation in Tibet, as well as one of oldest and most important monasteries of Tibetan Bon Religion, the oldest indigenous religion in Tibet. Zezhol Monastery boasts a history of over 3,000 years. It was then rebuilt by an eminent hierarch in 14th century when it began to take shape with scriptures and Buddha statues. Today it is presided by the 43rd Zezhol Living Buddha, the abbot of the monastery.
▪ Naizha Momani Stone Heaps（乃查莫玛尼堆）is one of the largest and most famous Mani Heaps in Tibet, which is located 30 km southeast of Dengqen County.
Natural Landscapes of Dengqen County
▪ Bujia Snow Mountain（布加雪山）, located in western Dengqen County, 180 km away from the county seat with an altitude of 6328 meters. Bujia Snow Mountain is the most famous Tibetan Bon religious land, and the highest mountain in east Tibet, which has a peculiar terrain features and different shapes looking from different directions.
▪ Butuo Lake（布托湖）is located about 25 km north of Dengqen County, and is a general term for the two alpine lakes, “butuocuoqing”（布托措青） and “butuocuoqiong”（布托措穷）, which are upstream of Lancang River（澜沧江）.
Other Destinations in Comté Dêngqên
Comté Dêngqên Attractions
Cultural relics of Dengqen County ▪ Zezhol Monastery（孜珠寺）is situated on the famous sacred Zezhol Mountain rising 4800 meters above sea level, at Dengqen County of Qamdo prefecture in Tibet. It is one of monasteries with highest elevation in Tibet, as well as one of oldest and most important monasteries of Tibetan Bon Religion, the oldest indigenous religion in Tibet. Zezhol Monastery boasts a history of over 3,000 years. It was then rebuilt by an eminent hierarch in 14th century when it began to [...]
Comté Dêngqên Tours
As the Top Tibet tour operator, Mysterious Tibet promises to present the ultimate travel experience to world-wide tourists via a galaxy of carefully-engineered tour products. Our quality service begins as our thoughtful travel consultants handle your emails to inquire a customized Tibet tour. And throughout the tour, they will together with our client service manager in Qamdo Dengqen County provide back-up service for you. All our seasoned Tibetan guides are well-trained and hospitable. They are ready to help you out whenever [...]
Climate & When to Go
In Dêngqên, the climate is cold and temperate. The summers are much rainier than the winters in Dêngqên. The average annual temperature in Dêngqên is 4.1 °C. The rainfall here averages 633 mm. The warmest month of the year is July, with an average temperature of 12.9 °C. The lowest average temperatures in the year occur in January, when it is around -6.0 °C. The difference in precipitation between the driest month and the wettest month is 138 mm. The variation in [...]
By air Qamdo Bangda Airport, also known as Bamda Airport, is located about 174 km from downtown Chamdo, about 3 hour’s drive. It is the world’s highest civil airport, has the longest airport runway, and is influenced by bad weather. At present, it has air connections to Lhasa and Chengdu (on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday). In addition, the flight from Lhasa to Chengdu departs Bangda Airport on Tuesday noon. The flight from Chengdu to Lahsa departs Bangda Airport on Thursday morning. [...]
Festivales et Activités
Qamdo Folk Custom in Tibet Qamdo Folk Custom in Tibet – Dressing Qamdo dressing is representative a regional culture and spirit. People in Qamdo Prefecture are called Kangba people. Men dress themselves very vigorous and unrestrained, bold and uninhibited. They prefer to wear long Tibetan knife, or other weapons. Their clothes are usually made of the silks and satins, cloth, and fabric, etc, and the edges are usually embroidered with otter's skin, tiger's skin, or leopard's skin, etc. Ladies dress themselves [...]
Conseils de Voyage
1. As well as the Tibet Entry Permit, you also need to apply for Border Permit for traveling as this destination lies near the Chinese territory boundary. 2. Owing to the long distance and circuitous route, it is better to head for the attraction in the early morning. 3.There are inns and restaurant, where you can have a rest and a bite to eat. you can also take a picnic if you like. 4. The best time to visit Dengqen County is May, June, [...]
To give the visitors a better trip in Dengqen County, we list some related maps about the county, including Dengqen County Maps, Dengqen County Tourist Maps, Dengqen County Map, and Dengqen County Location Map. [...]
Comté Dêngqên Hébergement
Visitors can choose lots of hotels varied from budget one to five star in Dengqen County. Most of the hotels in Dengqen County provide high-qualified service. The prices are reasonable and all-inclusive. You can enjoy different style of breakfast, a western breakfast or a Tibetan breakfast. Parking is out of charge and free WiFi is equipped. The considerate services would make you relax and comfortable. No matter where you stay in Qamdo, you won’t miss any attractions of your journey. Qiongbu Hotel（琼布宾馆): Located near [...]